Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Life Lessons: 1 – Learn how to swim

Beginning this month, I am writing the 100 lessons i have learnt in life so far. This is the Lesson number 1.

Learn how to swim

The honest truth is that I still do not know how to swim and it is one of the things I should have learnt a long time ago but which I have not and for which I have continuing fear, especially when I am on a plane flying over the sea, what would I do would we crush into the sea. It is not that I am a pessimistic person but I rather like to have a plan B and knowing how to swim for someone who travels quite often, seems to be a good plan B.

Knowing how to swim has other benefits beyond surviving a plane crush. You never know when you will have to rescue someone who is drowning, how you would feel seeing someone drown and you cannot do anything to save him/her because you never learnt how to swim – it would not be a pleasant experience and definitely it is not one to experience.

One other reason to learn how to swim is for the pure relation swimming in the pool or sea on a hot afternoon provides. Just imagine the cool water over your body as the sun shines on you! And the refreshing feeling it gives. Man I am missing one off the best pleasures of life just because I do not know how to swim – all I do when I get to the poll is dangle my feet in the water!

Recently I heard that swimming is one of the best form of exercise as it requires the movement of all the muscles in your body, well i do not know how true it is but I am yet to see an avid swimmer with a pot belly.

With all these reasons, I am off to learn how to swim. If you have any other reason(s) why swimming should be one of the skills everyone should learn.Please share it by posing a comment below.

Subscribe to Financial Intelligence by EmailShare/Save/BookmarkEmail me with any queries or comments.Tell me what you think about this post; leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment