Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

Life Lessons: 3 – How you view yourself is how others will view you

When we wake up in the morning and prepare for the day’s activities, be it work or school, one close friend of ours is the mirror. Men may use it only in the morning but our fairer sex carry smaller versions of the mirror in their purse and handbags for use through out the day.

We turn to the mirror to see what we are and it gives us exactly that - our reflection. It shows us how the cloths we have decided to wear looks on us. The truth is that the mirror gives us what we have already given ourselves.

As I grew up there were countless number of times I had expected others to treat me in a particular manner and I quite did not understand it when they treated me contrary to my expectations. Soon enough, I discovered the fact that people will treat me the way I treated myself. This simple knowledge completely changed my whole outlook of life.

I started making both internal and external changes. I started telling myself I was a smart chap, that I was brilliant and for a boy sharing first name with Einstein, I was definitely good at mathematics. Before I started having these internal views of myself, I was the complete opposite. My average position in a class of forty was between twenty and thirty. I saw myself as average and of course my teachers referred to me as one of the average kids in their class.

The more I considered myself as brilliant, the more I worked towards becoming brilliant, in my last year in senior high school, one teacher referred to me as the most brilliant boy in the class. Yes how I viewed myself was how others were viewing me. Like the mirror, the thing others will see is what I have put on and they will reflect back to me how I viewed myself.

So have a positive view of yourself, it gives you the desire and energy to make the gradual changes to get others to view you the way you want they to view you. Share your opinion on this by leaving your comments below.


Subscribe to Financial Intelligence by EmailShare/Save/BookmarkEmail me with any queries or comments.Tell me what you think about this post; leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment